What we do
EFFAB is involved in breeding and reproduction policies and legislation, research funding, technology development, transparency, diversity, animal health and animal welfare. In this respect, EFFAB has close contacts with European institutions, other stakeholders, NGO's, research institutes and the general public.
EFFAB has close links to the European Commission and the European Parliament. Political issues relevant to the animal breeding and reproduction sector are discussed on a permanent basis.
EFFAB has important links with knowledge institutes and with related representative organisations to effectively promote the R&D needs of the sector at European level.
On request, EFFAB answers questions about the sector to the media (general public), animal welfare groups and ethical groups.
"EFFAB, together with its members, is working towards a sustainable breeding and reproduction sector"
Summary of activities for the benefit of our members:
- Representing the European animal breeding and reproduction sector (organisations and companies) in general.
- Defending the interest of for the sector at the European Commission, the European Parliament and related bodies.
- Maintaining and updating the Code of Good Practice.
- Patent Watch on infringing patents for the sector.
- Informing members about interesting funding opportunities.
- Informing members about important news items and interesting events.
- International initiatives for the breeding and reproduction sector.
- Highlight the importance of the role of breeding.
- Develop strategies on important issues throughout the world (e.g. cloning, patents, welfare, environment).
- Provide awareness and tools to members to deal with important issues throughout the world.
- Maintaining good relations with European organisations.
- Knowledge and technology transfer.
- Support with funding applications, help in finding partners.
- Taking care of a sustainable and transparent dialogue of the sector.